Niagara Catholic District School Board
The Niagara Catholic District School Board, through the charisms of faith, social justice, support and leadership, nurtures an enriching Catholic learning community for all to reach their full potential and become living witnesses of Christ.
Catholic Continuing Education Centres
The mission of the Catholic Continuing Education Learning Centres of the Niagara Catholic District School Board is to provide opportunities for the personal growth and achievement for lifelong learners and to support them in pursuing their goals in a student centred, flexible environment which respects the dignity and worth of every member of the Catholic school community.
Catholic Graduate Expectations
Catholic Education in Ontario identifies expectations which describe characteristics of graduates from Catholic Schools in addition to curriculum expectations:
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God’s presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living
- An effective communicator, who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good
- A self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner who develops and demonstrates their God-given potential.
A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work, which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good
- A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish, and the wider community
- A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice and the sacredness of human life
Message from our Principal
It is with great privilege that I welcome you to Niagara Catholic’s Continuing Education programs as you continue on your journey in education and learning.
Whether you are completing your secondary school diploma, upgrading your academic skills, obtaining an industry certificate, becoming a Personal Support Worker, or improving your fluency as a English as a Second Language student, we have the programs and opportunities to meet your life goals.
Our programs provide you with opportunities to study and learn in both face-to-face, independent, or a combination of both learning environments. We offer our classes to you in flexible schedules that run throughout the Niagara Region in the urban centres of St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland, and Fort Erie. In addition, we offer independent learning through online classes.
For our Elementary and Secondary students, we offer summer school programs that range from Secondary School Credit Courses, to Summer Camps, International Languages, and international travel experiences.
Continuing Education staff is experienced certified educators and passionate professionals who await the opportunity to provide you with the best learning experience available.
Please make an appointment to speak with one of our Academic Pathway Guidance Counsellors to assist you in planning your pathway to success.
Yours in the Lord Jesus Christ,
Robert Di Persio, Principal of Continuing Education