The Academic Upgrading Program is an individualized program that focuses on five goal paths: Apprenticeship, Secondary School, Post-Secondary, Employment, and Independence. Each learner will be involved in assessments, mastering task-based activities, demonstrating progress, completing a culminating task, and transitioning toward his/her goal within a given timeline. Our mission is to promote and enhance personal growth for lifelong learners to use at home, at work, and in the community through academic and employment-related skills in an adult-centered environment.
The program helps learners to…
- Improve their computer skills
- Solve math word problems
- Write essays
- Increase awareness and understanding regarding apprenticeships
- Increase self-confidence for everyday living
- Better understand their employment needs
This Employment Ontario Program is funded by the Government of Ontario.
Frequently asked questions?
- Can you help me with my grammar and sentence structure?
- I need to get my grade 11 math credit but I struggle with math, can you help before I take the credit class?
- I know nothing about computers, can you help?
- I have been out of school for a while so I don’t remember how to write essays, can you help?
- I don’t understand what apprenticeship means, can you help?
- How long will I be in this program?
It all depends on your goal, commitment to program, and skill level. It can vary between weeks and months
- Will I get a credit toward my OSSD for completing this program?
No, this is non-credit upgrading program